We are pleased to release the agenda for this year’s technical conference, which will be held in Manchester on the 15th & 16th of November.
Tuesday 15th November 2022
09:00 to 09:45 – Registration and Coffee
09:45 to 10.00 – Introduction and Welcome
10:00 to 11:00 – Recent PFPNet Projects: Session 1
- Design Fires – Specifying Preliminary PFP Schemes – Ian Cowan
11:00 to 11:30 – Break
11.30 to 12.30 – Recent PFPNet Projects: Session 2
- Specifying an Appropriate Jet Fire Resistance Test – Geoff Chamberlain
- CPCE and HHF Jet Fire Resistance Test Standards – Ian Bradley
12:30 to 13:30 – Lunch
13:30 to 15:00 – Recent PFPNet Projects: Session 3
- Aged and Damaged PFP – Graham Boaler
- PFP Coatings Inspector Training Programme– John Dunk
- Hydrogen Scenarios Project– John Evans
15:00 to 15:30 – Break
15:30 to 17:00 – Future Direction for PFPNet
A facilitated discussion to gather opinion and ideas on the future direction for PFPNet – what do we want PFPNet to be, and how do we get there?
19:00 – Conference Dinner
The full conference is free of charge to employees of companies who are Members of PFPNet.
PFPNet may also invite selected Owners, engineering contractors and application contractors who may be interested in joining and working with PFPNet.
Non-members of PFPNet can attend as fee-paying delegates at a charge of £500/day (including dinner).
Wednesday 16th November 2022
Setting a PFPNet Technical Agenda
The day will comprise Technical Workshop Sessions that will consider the question:
In 2020 we identified technical areas for PFPNet to focus on. For those areas, what subjects still require resolution, how do we feasibly tackle them and how do we engage the right stakeholders to support success?
Two sessions will allow attendees to contribute to two workshop discussions during the day. Attendees will be allocated to workshops.
09:00 to 09:30 – Registration and Coffee
09:30 to 09:45 – Introduction to Day 2
09:45 to 11:00 – Workshop Session 1 – what’s needed?
- Accreditation & training for installation and inspection
- Guidance on the specification of CSP schemes
- New energy carriers (Hydrogen, batteries, wind) and PFP
11.15 to 12.15 – Workshop Session 1 – Report back, discussion and recommendations
12:15 to 13:00 – Lunch
13:00 to 14:15 – Workshop Session 2 – what’s needed?
- Managing the integrity of PFP – inspection, assessment, and repair
- Guidance on specification of PFP for durability
- Use of PFP in tunnels
14:15 to 14:30 – Break
14:30 to 15:30 – Workshop Session 2 – Report back, discussion and recommendations
15:30 to 15.45 – Summary and Close
If you would like to register for the event, you can do so here.